Design Tips to Make a Small House Feel Larger
First here are a few to trick the eye and make the space feel larger.
3. Layer spaces to create visual interest in the overall volume of a house. That wall doesn’t always have to go to the ceiling, pull it down a little and let the ceiling plane continue to the next space.
Here are some space saving ideas we used.
2. Use drawers on you lower kitchen cabinets. It makes it much easier to use every available inch of cabinet space when you don’t have to get on your hands and knees to get to that back shelf.
A few general things that help our house feel large.
1. The biggest advantage our little house has is its abundance of natural lighting. We have 24 windows in our little house, which allows us to use the space framed by our landscaping.
2. Our house wastes very little space for circulation. We dont have long hallways to get to rooms, you walk through each space to enter another. You would be suprised at how much space a hallway take up.
3. You have to have very minimal clutter, you can’t be pack rat. One of the quickest ways to make a house feel small is allowing to much buildup of objects .
If you have any other space saving tips, or you see anything else on our blog you like and want me to comment on just ask. There are different opportunities that present themselves throughout the remodel process and those are the things that make or break a project. So when the opportunity arises go for it.